Marketing Tips, Insights, and Trends
Human Resources Manager
Author: Kaitlyn Partington Category: Date: November 22, 2022
The Human Resources Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
This is a part time position (20-25 hours/week).
- Support Culture
- Drive company communication by working with leadership team to develop effective communication strategies
- Work with leadership on the development and execution of a company retention strategy
- Roll out standard operation procedures to company and ensure they are adopted over time
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures.
- Develop and roll out training and development programs.
- Assist in performance management and development processes.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues.
- May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Creation, manage and implement HR operating procedures
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Organize and distribute training materials
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Develop processes and procedures where they are lacking such as off-boarding, on-boarding, review processes, etc.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM Certification preferred
To apply for this position, please contact Carolyn Menz with a cover letter and resume at email@example.com. We only want detail-oriented individuals. Only emails with a subject line of “puppy” will be accepted.