Is email marketing still relevant or are we all “emailed out?”
Statistics so far from 2022 show the ROI from email marketing is 4,200% – that’s a return of $42 for every $1 spent! Email is also proven to convert 40% more effectively than Facebook and Twitter.
Not getting that kind of result from your email strategy? Read on.
You need email automation.
For most companies, automated emails make up only 5% of their email marketing, but they generate most of the company’s revenue. That’s because automated emails focus on the buyer’s unique needs and deliver tailor made content that spurs action. And the proof is in the pudding – studies show 48% of customers spend more when their experience is customized.
Automating your email strategy not only provides your customers with a more personalized experience, but it will save your company time and money. Automating emails may sound impersonal, but automation systems can help overcome that, making it easy to add relevant information to customize each email before sending. Automating bulk emailing will save you hours each week, time when your sales team and other employees can concentrate on higher-value tasks.
If you are new to automated email systems or would like a refresher on email best practices, here are a few tips to effectively automate your email:
- Tag your leads depending on how they opt into your email list. Apply different tags based on the content they engage with or the products they shop for, allowing you to send more relevant content.
- Send self-segmenting surveys asking subscribers what they’d like to see more of or what they are interested in knowing more about.
- Reach out to inactive users to learn what content they might be more interested in.
- Don’t just send sales emails. Send updates, reminders, and overviews of meetings, webinars, and events.
- Provide subscribers with the opportunity to give feedback or ask questions, then use this information to identify what they’re looking for.
- Monitor email behavior to personalize sales messages.