How To Set Up a Remarketing Campaign
Are you having trouble understanding why your website traffic does not seem to be helping you achieve your sales goals? Even if you have adjusted your pricing, incorporated compelling content, and done everything you can to optimize your conversion, watching site visitors slip away is a challenge many marketers face. Embarking on a remarketing campaign may be what you need to help you kickstart your sales.
What is a Remarketing Campaign?
A dynamic remarketing campaign has many benefits, including helping you to:
- Stay connected to your target audiences
- Build brand awareness
- Increase sales
- Save money
- Personalize coupons or other sales incentives
- Find and attract competitors’ customers
Setting Up Your Remarketing Campaign
There are some important steps to take in planning and developing your remarketing campaign.
- Establish your remarketing goals. Did your visitor not make it to where you wanted them to go? Are you looking for people to take a different action than what they’re currently doing when they visit your page? Did they stop short of making a purchase? Having a clear idea of what challenges you want to overcome is essential before you begin.
- Identify the pages where you need to incorporate your remarketing tags (like cookies or pixels). This will help you segment your site visitors and analyze what action(s) you are likely to gain from them.
- Create your remarketing list for outreach. Segmenting and drilling down your audience as much as you can will help to make your marketing efforts to them as effective as possible.
- Select a channel that will most effectively communicate with your target audience. Some common channels include search engines and social media.
- Create tailored ads to reach your target audience. This might include advertising a specific product they were looking at or offering a promotional code or free shipping for your ecommerce site.
- Implement your remarketing campaign. Choose the right tools that will help you, and then get to work! There are many resources and tools that can help you in your remarketing efforts, such as YouTube, various retargeting apps, and remarketing LinkedIn ads.
Remarketing Campaigns with Google Ads
One of the most popular and cost-effective strategies is to create remarketing campaigns with Google Ads. Google Ads assigns you a tag to attach a pixel to users when they visit your site, and then it shows those users ads for your products or services as they browse and navigate the web once they have left your site. Compared to traditional paid ads, Google Ads retargeting campaigns tend to be more cost efficient while reaching a large segment of online consumers. Google remarketing campaigns also help give you added insight on your site visitors and create targeted lists and customized tailored ads. The platform also includes Google Analytics, which helps to inform your dynamic remarketing campaign using Google Ads.
Remarketing Campaigns with Facebook
Facebook remarketing campaigns capitalize on the amount of time its users spend on the platform daily to help you reach your outreach goals. One benefit is that it allows you to create hyper-specific audience targets. Like Google Ads, it uses a pixel to attach to your website users to track their activity. Another benefit is that Facebook remarketing isn’t subject to the ad blockers that cause challenges for other ad sources.
No matter what platform you use, setting up a remarketing campaign is a powerful tool that can help you achieve sales success. At Paradigm, we specialize in digital marketing strategy, creating and executing cohesive plans, and campaigns that drive customer awareness and conversion. If we can help you get your customers across the finish line and take your business to the next level, please contact us today.