5 Ways to Use Client Testimonials in Your Content
In today’s market, we rely on opinions and referrals more so than advertising and solicitation. Yes, it’s true that with the emergence of social media and instant communication, we are able to create an opinion based on what our friends, families, colleagues and those close to us say about something or someone. In fact, according to Nielsen research, “92% of people will trust a recommendation from a peer, and 70% of people will trust a recommendation from someone they don’t even know.” Because of this, customer and client testimonials become a vital par of our marketing plan. Obtaining and marketing your client testimonials is a multi-step process that involves collecting or asking for the testimonials followed by using them as a marketing tool. How, then, can you use your client testimonials in your content?
1. Blog Content
One of the easiest ways to incorporate client testimonials in your content is to create (a) blog post(s) that incorporates them. Anyone who comes to your blog can be a potential client. Including testimonials within the content can help attract these visitors attention and reaffirm your credentials.
2. Case Studies
Case studies include a detailed analyses of a specific client and/or project but are equally as impressive as a client testimonial. Not only are you showing proof of your great work, but you can couple the case study with a testimonial regarding the success.
3. Print Marketing Materials
If you’ll be out and about at networking events, conferences, or if you plan to mail print materials to potential clients, you can add to your sales message by incorporating relevant testimonials on your print materials.
4. Social Media Posts
Your social media marketing plan should incorporate the 80/20 rule. Approximately 80% of your social media posts should be content relevant to your target audience without offering a sales message, while the other 20% can give off a sales-vibe or promoting yourself and your products or services. Using testimonials in this 20% makes your posts come off less self-righteous.
5. Testimonials Content Page
Regardless of whether you’re posting your testimonials to social media, using them in e-mail marketing or using them in a blog or case study, having a dedicated testimonial page on your website to link to is important so that visitors to your website can easily find out what others are saying about you and your business.
Client testimonials are important in today’s fast-paced, multi-communicating world. How are you going to stand out from your competitors? Not sure how to set up a plan to obtain client testimonials? Feel free to contact Paradigm Marketing and Design and we’d be happy to discuss.