The Five Types of Websites
All businesses must have a presence, whether it’s online, offline or through word-of-mouth. Building your Internet presence is vital given that 70-80% of people will research a company on the web before making a purchasing decision.* This is one of the main reasons that your business must have a website presence.
But, is just having a website enough? Take a look at this list of the five types of websites that your business has and see which one you fall in to.
- Simply, no website. If you have no website, now is the time to consider a change. Because 97% of consumers search online for products and services, you’re missing out on a huge population of people.*
- DIY Templated Website. Sure, if you have very little budget to work with because you are just starting out, or you are struggling, this is a good opportunity to start with. There are many options to choose from including SquareSpace and Wix.
- Dated Website. Did you have a website built for your company at your inception 5+ years ago, but you haven’t changed a thing since? Your content, images, and whether your site is a responsive website design, could deter visitors from trusting you as a company.
- “Professional Brochure.” Your website might be up to date, but it lacks the engagement and conversion tools that would provide you insight into how your website is falling into your marketing strategy. What is drawing people to your website, other than the information they are looking for? What is making your company stand out above the others?
- A Functioning Marketing Tool. This type of website communicates the organization’s value propositions and services, and also leverages conversion tools. It fits into your marketing strategy, providing you the opportunity to follow up with those who seek out services or products that you offer. You can use analytics to know what is working and by adding new content and conversion tools on a consistent basis, you are giving your visitors a reason to come back to your website. You are providing a value add to your customers, gaining trust and credibility from your visitors.
Are you ready to build a marketing tool for your company so that the millions of people out on the Web can find you, understand what it is you offer, and see you as an expert in your field? If you have any questions, feel free to contact a Paradigm Marketing and Design team member today, and we’ll be happy to speak with you.