Ads that Have an Impact
In today’s world, we are constantly surrounded by media. From billboards to radio ads, from commercials to Facebook Ads, we are being hit left and right with advertisements.
- Average number of advertisement and brand exposures per day per person: 5,000+
- Average number of “ads only” exposures per day: 362
- Average number of “ads only” noted per day: 153
- Average number of “ads only” that we have some awareness of per day: 86
- Average number of “ads only” that made an impression (engagement): 12
We as a society have almost become desensitized to these ads because we see them so frequently. That is a harsh truth to have to face for those of us that are trying to promote our brand through ads and promotion. So, how can you make your advertisement make and impact and lead to an impression.
- Use colors – Bright colors that relate to your brand will help your ads standout. Be dynamic in your color selection, but also remember to use colors that will still create brand awareness.
- Create a hook – Words that instill emotion are a great way to create a personal connection with your target market. Emphasize aspects of your product or service that will help your audience. Your products/services will provide a solution to your potential consumers existing need. Let them know you are here to help them.
- Use questions? – Questions are a great way to make people think. Using a question as the lead in to your ad will have your consumers wondering, does this effect me?
- Be mysterious? If you are announcing a new product or an event, create hype. Be a little mysterious in your approach, create a countdown using ads that make people wonder what is happening in 5 days?!? Just be sure that you always remember to keep your brand identity in mind, be just mysterious enough to get people thinking and not becoming confused.
Resource – http://sjinsights.net/2014/09/29/new-research-sheds-light-on-daily-ad-exposures/