So, your new business, or even your existing small business, has been lacking in a professional website design.
You have a few choices.
- You can learn everything there is to know about website design, and redesign it yourself.
- You can hire a freelance web developer and designer who will update your website and charge you by the hour, leaving you to fend for yourself once it’s redesigned.
- You can hire a full service marketing agency that will not only design and develop your website, but also offer services to help drive traffic to your website.
You don’t want your website to be an island without transportation to it.
Drive traffic to your website. As an island, it’ll become stale and old and overgrown. Google will forget about it and it will be harder to bring it up in top search results. You need visitors! Build a bridge by coming up with a marketing plan.
If you choose to redesign your website by yourself, or even if you are working with a freelance web developer, you should consider the following website design tips. These tips will help you not only design an attractive website, but also make it easy to navigate as well as keep people around for as long as you need them to in order to gain a conversion.
1. You want to minimize the potential clicking of your visitors. Online consumers today expect instant gratification. If they have to click too many times in order to get the information they need, they will go somewhere else for it.
2. You want an organized and easy to read website for your visitors.
3. Your business has a message. You want to easily convey that message to your visitors on your website. Mixed signals can confuse them and drive them elsewhere.
4. Don’t make your website design too wide! Users don’t mind scrolling up or down on a site but they hate scrolling left and right. They will think your website is broken and therefore, not legit.
5. Your website should be easy to read for your visitors. The purpose of your website is to inform the consumer. Don’t distract the visitor with blinking lights or an overload of movement.
6. Each back-page of your website should have something valuable to offer to your visitors. Fluff can bring on negativity.
7. The design of a site affects how the consumer perceives your brand. A company offering professional services must have a professional website design.
8. As your business grows, it is important to invest in a custom website design that communicates a unique brand to your business. This will help set you apart from the competition and show the world your
9. When developing an eCommerce website design it is important to balance functionality with marketability. Driving traffic to a site is not always enough. An eCommerce site must also produce conversions – in this case conversions are also known as sales.