Top Ten Inbound Marketing Channels for 2022
As marketers, we are always trying to work smarter, not harder, to get the biggest return for our efforts. We are always trying to innovate, whether it be through launching bold campaigns or experimenting with new digital marketing channels. And we are always trying to get to know our audiences better and personalize our outreach. Utilizing inbound marketing channels helps you hit all those points while growing your business through building lasting relationships with current and prospective customers.
What is Inbound Digital Marketing?
Inbound marketing focuses on building your brand value with consumers first and converting them later. That’s the biggest difference between inbound and outbound marketing channels – with the more traditional model of outbound marketing, you seek your customers. Using inbound marketing channels, they come to you. It’s effective, contemporary, and saves time and money without having to chase consumers. The process of inbound marketing involves attracting your target audience, converting them through having them meet your call-to-action, closing the sale, rewarding them, and repeating the cycle.
Fundamentally, success using inbound sales channels means finding opportunities to personalize, empathize, and optimize your marketing.
Best Inbound Marketing Channels
- Blog: Having a blog gives potential customers immediate gratification for interacting with your brand. Blog articles share valuable information in conscise, digestible increments. And they provide real estate to draw readers to your other inbound channels.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Incorporating SEO keywords into your web content helps your site appear higher in search functions and increase organic traffic to your site.
- Social media: This inbound marketing channel provides a space for direct and personal connection with your target audiences. No matter who your ideal customer is, there’s a good chance they spend at least a few minutes a day on social media. And it’s not just for social purposes – many people use social media to shop, gather news, and learn new skills.
- Podcasts: Hosting a podcast positions you and your team as thought leaders in your industry. Podcasts offer listeners engaging content and allows them to get a better sense of your personality and brand voice.
- Landing pages: Giving consumers a specific place to land helps bring in leads and shorten the path to the sale. It also helps you get to know your customers better by adding in forms and subscription widgets. It is imperative when using this inbound marketing channel that you ensure your site is mobile-responsive to avoid losing potential customers who are visiting on their mobile devices.
- Surveys: People like giving their opinion, and you like gathering information on them. Surveys help with both!
- Webinars: Like some of the other inbound marketing channels mentioned, hosting a webinar allows you to give knowledge away for free, positions you as an industry expert, and helps you personally connect with your target audiences.
- Email: We know what you’re thinking. This feels like more of a traditional outbound marketing channel. You’re not wrong, but what makes email an effective inbound marketing channel is how you use it. Engaging content, personalization, and building a drumbeat of touchpoints is critical. Email is one of the easiest, most cost-efficient, effective, and lucrative channels, and it will benefit you to pivot your email strategy and invest in it long term.
- Whitepapers and resource guides: Like blogs, podcasts, and webinars, with whitepapers and resource guides, you are giving helpful knowledge away for little or no money. Whitepapers and resource guides contain more intensive and detailed content and give you the chance to offer more statistics and figures.
- Video: Creating short, informative or amusing videos can be powerful tools to build brand awareness and drive followers to your other channels.
As with any marketing approach, using multiple channels and layering your touchpoints will give you the best traction. The important thing is to strike the right balance with your combination, which may take some trial and error. Once you have found the right recipe, using your inbound marketing channels will help you increase your leads and customers and reach your sales goals. At Paradigm, we provide traditional and digital marketing strategy and consulting services. We utilize various marketing disciplines and leverage each to achieve business growth and profitability for our clients through our strategic marketing consulting services. We’d love to help you, so please contact us today.