What is Multi-Touch Marketing and is it the Right Approach for You?
On average, it takes nine to 13 audience touches to make a lasting impact on a consumer. With so much congestion in the market and a fiercely competitive landscape of businesses vying for customers’ attention, a brand’s ability to cut through the noise is not a nice-to-have—it’s essential to achieving better ROI, low customer churn, and high customer satisfaction.
Enter multi-touch marketing.
A multi-touch marketing campaign delivers your message using a variety of channels to reach customers and prospects more frequently and consistently. Multi-touch marketing campaigns play a crucial role in an effective marketing plan and serve as a key driver of business growth—and here’s why:
- Builds reputation and eliminates suspicion – These days, customers want proof of a brand’s reputation before making a purchasing decision. The more channels you use to get your brand and your message in front of your target audience, the more they get to know you and trust you, and the more likely they will be convinced of your value.
- Keeps customers engaged: Sales conversions are rarely achieved after one or two touches. With multi-touch marketing, you not only stay top-of-mind with your prospects, but you also have a greater chance of engaging them at the right time in the buying cycle.
- Boosts conversions: More touches mean more exposure to your brand by more people, which translates to more leads and more conversions.
How to build an effective multi-touch marketing plan:
With more social media platforms available to us than ever before, backed by marketing automation solutions that offer proven operational efficiencies, executing a multi-touch marketing campaign has never been more achievable. Here are some best practices to help get you started:
- Set your goals: What do you want to accomplish from your campaign? Establish goals that are specific, measurable, and realistic—then set KPIs to measure your success.
- Define your audience: Who is your ideal customer? What are their demographics, interests, buying preferences and needs? The more you drill down on who you want to target, the better your chances of reaching them with the right message at the right time.
- Pick your channels: Where do your prospects go for information? What does the customer journey look like? Guided by the answers to these questions, you can identify the best platforms to target your efforts.
- Develop your core message, but be willing to adapt: While your overarching message should be consistent across all channels and touches, you’ll need to tweak it slightly depending on the medium.
- Track your progress: Track your successes and failures against your original goals and make changes as needed throughout the entire lifecycle of your multi-channel campaign.
Ultimately, your goal with multi-touch marketing is to ensure your prospective customers see your message in multiple places. It’s all about hitting them at the right time in a way that will resonate with them. By reinforcing your message across several mediums and platforms, you will capture your prospects’ attention, optimize your chances of eliciting the desired response, and boost ROI.
At Paradigm Marketing and Design, we’ll help you create a cohesive multi-touch marketing plan that brings the individual pieces into a unified, purpose-driven program that helps you achieve business growth and profitability through marketing. We’d love to help you, so please contact us today.