Marketing Tips, Insights, and Trends
Lights, Camera, Take Action! The Power of Video Marketing
Author: Kaitlyn Partington Category: B2B, B2C, E-commerce & Retail, Marketing, Nonprofit, Social Media & Digital Date: January 8, 2016
The power of video marketing is no secret, but how powerful is it? Can I reap the benefits of video marketing or is video marketing only for big brands that spend millions of dollars on their marketing strategy?
When it comes to online marketing, the more visual the better, no matter if your a big brand or a small mom and pop shop down the road.
Here are the top 10 reasons why video marketing is so powerful:
- 46% of people say they are more likely to seek out detailed information after seeing a product/service in an online video
- Video is now the 6th most popular content marketing tactic – 70% of B2B marketers use a form of online video marketing in their overall marketing strategies
- Of the 80% of users that watch of video ad, 46% took an action after viewing the ad.
- The average internet users spends 88% more time on a website with video.
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%
- Video = increase viewer retention. The amount of information that is retained from 1 minute of video is equal to about 1.8 million written words. I guess a single picture is worth 1,000 words!
- Video attracts 2 – 3 times as many monthly visitors, in addition to doubling the users time spent on the website
- Blog posts with video attract 3 times as many readers/users than a blog post without video
- Having a video on the homepage (landing page) of your website makes it 53% more likely to shop up on page 1 of Google, when a user searches for your website or businesses within your same industry
- 65% of video viewers watch more than 3/4 of a video. Talk about getting your message to your target audience
The time of video marketing is upon us. Make it your goal 2016 to try to implement video marketing into your overall marketing strategy.