Your Events Management Marketing Checklist
Hosting events is a highly effective way to boost brand visibility, engage with your target audience on a personal level, and showcase your services. Almost half of organizations that invest in them see an ROI of 300–500% (1) and 80% of marketers indicate that events are critical to business success. (2)
Even with a high ROI, the cost of hosting an event can be daunting – many companies spend a quarter of their marketing budget on event management. (2) That’s why ensuring those dollars are used wisely is critical. How well you plan, manage, and execute these events can mean the difference between generating valuable leads that are likely to convert and missed opportunities and low ROI.
Event management requires customized strategic and hands-on support throughout the process. Whether you’re participating at an industry conference, organizing a fundraiser, or hosting a customer event, end-to-end thought leadership and support is critical to help you execute a successful event that resonates with your audience and, ultimately, supports your marketing and sales goals.
Have you accounted for everything you will need to effectively market your event? At Paradigm, we have hosted hundreds of events both internally and for clients. We have developed a concise events checklist to ensure critical marketing elements are accounted for:
- Pre-event planning: Before the event you will need to develop and implement an event marketing plan for a captivating event experience. From targeting the right prospects, generating and sending invitations, and managing registrations to optimizing your event’s marketing collateral and online presence, every aspect of your pre-event marketing helps to fuel your event’s success.
- On-site event marketing support: Engaging with participants in real-time, whether it be in person or virtual, is critical to generate leads and fill your sales funnel. This includes having a plan for social media management in real time, and other necessary on-site support. With every interaction, incorporate opportunities to gauge interest and gather valuable insights to inform follow-up activities and future initiatives.
- Post-event lead nurturing: Following the event, make sure your event marketing plan includes programs that nurture the leads, keep your brand top-of-mind, and bring prospects further into the funnel – from follow-up emails and social postings to press releases, blog posts, and more.
- Public relations (PR) support and social media management: Boost your event’s visibility, establish credibility, and ensure it garners the attention it deserves through press releases, photo and video sharing, digital media campaigns, and social media promotion before and after the event.
- Creative support: Gather your team of graphic designers, web designers, and copywriters to create marketing materials that cut through the clutter, create an impact, and represent your brand. You can elevate your event’s visual appeal and messaging to create a memorable impression through materials like:
- Pre-event postcards
- Pop-up banners
- Tabletop materials
- Event web pages
- Intuitive apps
- Post-event mailers
Event management requires a significant investment of your budget, resources, and time, but, when done correctly, it has the potential to produce triple-digit ROI. The key to success lies in having the right team to generate valuable leads that are likely to convert. Paradigm Marketing and Design is a turnkey design and marketing agency providing a full suite of marketing, design, and workflow services to business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and nonprofit organizations. Our team of skilled and detail-oriented event marketers offers customized strategic and hands-on assistance to support your event management from pre-event strategic planning through post-event lead nurturing and beyond. Contact us today to see how our expertise can help your next event lead to business growth.